Become a Board of Director with Healthy Living through Arts
We are currently recruiting volunteers to sit on the Board of Directors in order to provide strategic leadership, establishes policy, and oversees the operations and financial performance of Healthy Living through Arts (HLA). HLA incorporated in 2018 with opportunities to learn, grow, and evolve and we are looking for individuals who wants the challenge of tackling exciting opportunities that will shape the direction and future of the organization. If you have the time, talent and treasure to bridge barriers for children and their families to participate and connect with the arts, then send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see below for more information or download the posting here.
Expression of Interest - Board of Directors
Healthy Living through Arts
Thursday, October 1st, 2020
Sunday December 28th at 5:00pm
ABOUT HEALTHY LIVING THROUGH ARTS
Healthy Living through Arts is a not-for-profit organization incorporated in 2018. From its grassroot beginnings in 2008, we strive to deliver and promote arts programming to children, youth and their families in order to provide a creative outlet to lead healthier lives. We work in collaboration and partnerships with agencies and organizations in Scarborough to engage communities through artistic means.
The Board of Directors provides strategic leadership, establishes policy, and oversees the operations and financial performance of Healthy Living through Arts. We are a young, incorporated organization with opportunities to learn, grow, and evolve. We are looking for experienced individuals who wants the challenge of tackling exciting opportunities which in turn shape the direction and future of the organization.
In addition to regular business, in 2021, our working board will spearhead and establish a strategic plan with priorities in place for the next five years, increase internal organizational effectiveness, increase our outreach in the community through building partnerships in programs and projects.
ROLE DESCRIPTION AND COMMITMENT
You will play a key role in shaping this young, organic organization that has been serving the Scarborough community since 2008. You will bring talent and passion together to bridge barriers for communities to participate and connect with the arts.
The required commitment for the Director position are as follows:
· The ability to serve for a minimum of two (2) years, earliest start date in January 2021
· Attend regular board meetings in person/via video conference
· Serve on the Board and one or more of its sub-committees
· Contribute to the financial and fiscal health of the organization
· Provide strategic leadership and directions to our operations to adapt to evolving needs
· A demonstrated passion/strong interest for the arts and its ability to affect change through the work and spirit of Healthy Living through Arts
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills to tell our story
· Experience/Interest in a relevant field*
· Previous not-for-profit board experience is preferred or willingness to learn and adapt
· Ability to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of a Board member
*Healthy Living through Arts is particularly interested in candidates with experience or interest in one or more of the following areas:
· Not-for-Profit Law
· Fundraising and Sponsorship
· Human Resources
· Board Governance
· Strategic Planning, Policy Research and Development
· Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
· Media Relations, Marketing, and Communications
Please submit your application by Sunday December 28th at 5:00pm
· Please submit your expression of interest and your résumé/CV via email to board at email@example.com with the subject “Expression of Interest”.
For more information please visit healthylivingart.ca or call 647-878-1928.